With ice hawkey starting for real tomorrow at the Lefty McFadden Invitational, the gnomes thought now would be a good time to round up season previews for Miami's CCHA opponents. (For those of you new to this whole hockey thing, the other teams in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association are Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Northern Michigan, Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Nebraska-Omaha, Bowling Green, Alaska-Fairbanks, Notre Dame, and Western Michigan.) Without further ado...
- The Ann Arbor News has a long feature on Michigan's freshman-heavy squad.
- The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner has this story (brought to you by a state senator and a coal mine!) focusing on the importance of the Nanooks' experienced defense.
- Western Michigan starts exhibition play this weekend, according to the Kalamazoo Gazette.
- The Observer mixes a profile of Notre Dame's new head coach in with the usual preview material.
- The ""Largest Newspaper in the UP,"" The Mining Journal, has the scoop on this season's version of the Northern Michigan Wildcats.
- The season hasn't even started yet, but the Lansing State Journal reports that Michigan State has been bitten by the injury bug.
- The Lantern's preview of Ohio State is a decent read--much better than their CCHA preview, wherein their sports editors talk about how much the conference sucks.
- What will things look like on the windswept plains without a Sigalet on the team? The BG News has an idea.
- The Omaha World Herald reports that the Mavericks feel dissed by their fifth-place preseason ranking.
- And last, but certainly not least, is USCHO.com's CCHA reporter, Paula Weston, with her conference preview.
Know someone who would find this article interesting? Send them a link!