Miami Athletics Has Very Successful Weekend
Miami has just completed probably its most successful weekend of the year thus far. The happy recap follows:
- Women's Cross Country - Coming into the weekend ranked ninth in the Great Lakes Region, the women's cross country team won the all-Ohio Championship, beating 11 other Division I schools and a total of 44 Ohio colleges and universities. Laura Neufarth led Miami by winning the meet with a time of 18:32.6, her fourth victory of the season in as many races.
- Volleyball - Volleyball extended its winning streak to five matches with 3-0 sweeps of Buffalo and Akron. The wins improved Miami's MAC record to 5-1, keeping the RedHawks in a tie for the MAC East lead.
- Tennis - Miami dominated the Ball State Fall Invitational, winning all four singles flights plus one doubles flight.
- Football - Miami defeated Kent State 20-13 in the RedHawks' MAC East opener. The win evened Miami's record at 3-3 and allowed the RedHawks to exceed last year's victory total.
- Women's Swimming and Diving: Miami won its season opening dual meet with a 166-91 victory over Marshall. The victory was Miami's 17 consecutive dual meet win, a streak spanning three seasons.
- Field Hockey - Miami defeated MAC foe Missouri State 9-1 to improve its conference record to 3-2. The nine goals ties a Miami team record for goals in a game.
Know someone who would find this article interesting? Send them a link!