Women's Basketball News
Most Recent Story: Miami Women's Basketball Selected to 2013 WNIT; opens at Illinois
FORT COLLINS, Colo. - The Women’s National Basketball Invitational Selection Committee announced the field for the 2013 Postseason WNIT late Monday night. For the second consecutive season and third time in school history, the Miami University women’s basketball team has been selected to participate in the tournament. The RedHawks will travel to Illinois on Thursday at a time to be announced.
“We’re excited to return to the WNIT,” said head coach Maria Fantanarosa. “The field is very competitive and will give us an opportunity to continue to compete. This team has battled through adversity to make tremendous progress this year. Our hard work throughout this season has been rewarded by this invitation.”
Miami finished the regular season 19-12 and 10-6 in the Mid-American Conference. The RedHawks are led by seniors Courtney Osborn and Kirsten Olowinski. Osborn, a First-Team All-MAC selection for the second straight season, has averaged a career-high 19.1 points per game in 2013. She has become Miami’s all-time leading scorer and is sixth in MAC history with 2,147 points. Olowinski, a Second-Team All-MAC selection, averages a double-double of 12.2 points and 10.4 rebounds per game. She has become Miami’s all-time leading rebounder and is second in MAC history... [Read the entire story]
Other Recent Stories
Thu, February 21, 2013
- Courtney Osborn Becomes Miami Women's Basketball All-Time Leading Scorer
- Good Luck Hockey and Women's Basketball!
- Maria Fantanarosa sets mark for coaching victories
- Enquirer's Full Basketball Preview
- #24 Bowling Green 71, MIAMI 59
- Akron 56, MIAMI 51
- MIAMI 60, Ohio 56
- A disappointing two weeks
- Miami women's BKB: CMU game a chance to start stretch run
- RedHawks beat Ball State 66-65
- Women win 65-54 at Akron
- Curtain Up!
- Women's BB picked third in East
- 2005-06 Women's BB non-conference schedule out
- Maria Fantanarosa Named MAC Coach of the Year
- Women's Hoops Squashes BGSU for Fifth Straight Win.
- Kim Lancaster - MAC East Player of the Week
- No Place Like Home for Motto
- Cindi Merrill - East Division Player of the Week
- Day in reach of a milestone
- Markwood Most Dominant Player
- RedHawks add to UB's woes
- Day repeats as Player of the Week