Women's Sports News
Most Recent Story: Miami Tennis to Meet 12th-seeded Stanford in NCAA Tournament
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.—The Miami tennis team, Mid-American Conference regular-season and tournament champions, have drawn 12th-seeded Stanford in the opening round of the 2013 NCAA Women’s Tennis Tournament, the NCAA announced today.
The match will take place on Friday, May 10 at 2 p.m. PT at the Taube Family Tennis Center on campus. Rice and Pepperdine are the other two teams competing in Palo Alto, Calif., and will play at 11 a.m. that day. Winners meet on Saturday, May 11 at 1 p.m. PT.
The RedHawks (13-12, 7-1 MAC) are making their third appearance in the NCAA Tournament with both previous trips (2009 and 2010) coming at Northwestern.
Nimisha Mohan, a first-team All-MAC selection, holds a 23-11 overall record, including 15-9 in dual matches. She played No. 1 the second half of the season, posting a 7-5 mark at that position. She won the deciding match at the MAC Championship, winning 7-6 (7-4), 6-0 for the 4-3 decision. Her efforts won her all-tournament and Tournament Most Valuable Player honors.
Alix Thurman plays No. 2 for the RedHawks, holding a 22-12 overall record, including 11-4 at her current spot. She was a second-team All-MAC selection, posting a 5-3 mark in league play. Christiana... [Read the entire story]
Other Recent Stories
Tue, April 23, 2013
- Miami Tennis Claims Fifth Straight MAC Championship
- Miami Women's Basketball Selected to 2013 WNIT; opens at Illinois
- Miami Women's Swimming and Diving Wins 17th MAC Championship
- Courtney Osborn Becomes Miami Women's Basketball All-Time Leading Scorer
- Miami's Jess Kodiak Garners All-America Honors
- Miami Upsets Lady Vols in NCAA First Round
- Good Luck to Miami Volleyball!
- Tennis Goes for a Title
- Good Luck Hockey and Women's Basketball!
- Tennis Rolls On
- Michigan Double Dip
- Miami Volleyball Wins MAC Tournament Title!
- Women's CC takes 8th place at Great Lakes Regional
- MAC Tournament Time
- Neufarth Leads Miami to Third Place Finish at MAC Meet
- Big Games Ahead For MAC-Leading Miami Volleyball
- MAC East Leading Miami Volleyball To Begin Four Match Homestand
- Maria Fantanarosa sets mark for coaching victories
- Women's CC season ends with 22nd place finish
- Enquirer's Full Basketball Preview
- Women's CC takes 8th at the MACC meet
- Women's CC finishes fifth at All-Ohio
- Women's CC team finishes 8th at Notre Dame
- Henize named MAC runner of the week