Miami Hawk Talk News
Most Recent Story: Welcome to the 2008-09 Miami Athletic Year
Many of Miami's fall sports kick off their 2008-09 season this weekend, with most of them performing at home.
- Thursday, Miami football kicks off its season with a nationally televised game versus Vanderbilt, the first SEC team to ever visit Yager Stadium.
- Friday, volleyball starts its season by hosting the Best Western Classic. Miami's first game is versus St. Louis while the RedHawks then host Stephen F. Austin on Saturday. Miami volleyball enters the season coming off a MAC tournament championship and an NCAA berth. Miami enters the season with high expectations as the RedHawks have been picked by the MAC coaches as favorites to win the MAC East.
- Saturday, field hockey begins its season with weekend games at home versus Davidson and Richmond (on Sunday). Last season the Redawks finished as runners-up in the MAC title game, falling one win short of an NCAA berth. The RedHawks were picked to finish second in the conference this season by the league's coaches.
- Also on Saturday, men's and women's cross country begin their seasons by competing at the Flyer 5K race in Dayton. Last year the men and women both won the team competition, led by Pat Sovacool (men) and Laura... [Read the entire story]
Other Recent Stories
Fri, August 1, 2008
- Men's Basketball: Miami Basketball Offers To The Class Of 2009