Recruiting Guru Extraordinaire
Joined: 31 Dec 2001
Location: Dayton, Ohio
|Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:36 pm Post subject: 2012 Miami Valley Area Prospects
|Top-10 from this list:
1. Ifeadi Odenigbo, DE, Centerville: Odenigbo (6-4, 220) is relatively new to football. His parents are from Nigeria and he only picked up the sport in the last couple of years. He was a soccer player and track runner until his sophomore year, when he played on the Centerville JV team. He moved to the varsity this past year and made a big impression with 40 tackles and 10-1/2 sacks. At Centerville, he played alongside OSU signee Michael Bennett. Odenigbo, who holds a 3.2 GPA and has over 25 offers. Some of them include Cincinnati, Stanford, Syracuse, West Virginia, Northwestern, Boston (of Massachusetts) College, Michigan State, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio State, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Kent State and Nebraska. Odenigbo has visited Ohio State and Notre Dame, and plans to visit Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, Northwestern and Stanford.
2. Kaleb Ringer, LB, Clayton Northmont: COMMIT TO MICHIGAN Ringer (6-1, 225) had 72 tackles, three fumble recoveries, two interceptions and two sacks at his middle linebacker spot as a junior. Ringer, who has 4.45-second speed in the 40, has offers from Cincinnati, Toledo, Bowling Green, Miami, West Virginia, Michigan, Syracuse, Kent State, Louisville, Ball State, Buffalo, Illinois and Indiana. He is also interested in Michigan State, Ohio State and USC.
3. Bam Bradley, DB, Trotwood-Madison: Bradley (6-2, 185) was a second-team All-Ohio selection in Division II as a junior. He had 10 tackles in Trotwood’s D-II state title game loss to Maple Heights. Bradley, who boasts 4.4 speed in the 40, has offers from Kentucky, Northwestern, Tennessee, Michigan State, Bowling Green, Illinois, Penn State, Colorado, Syracuse, Stanford, Pittsburgh, Ball State, Missouri, Boston (of Massachusetts) College, Ohio, Louisville, Vanderbilt and Arizona.
4. Taylor Decker, OL, Vandalia Butler: COMMIT TO NOTRE DAME Decker (6-8, 275) had offers from a number of top schools before he ended the suspense on March 4 by committing to Notre Dame. He also had offers from the likes of Cincinnati, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Boston (of Massachusetts) College, Michigan, Louisville and Indiana. As a junior, Decker was a Special Mention All-Ohio pick in Division II.
5. Benny McGowan, OL, Centerville: COMMIT TO MICHIGAN STATE McGowan (6-4, 300) projects as a guard prospect at the college level. He already has offers from Toledo, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Ohio U., Kent State and Michigan State.
6. Tyler O’Connor, QB, Lima Central Catholic: COMMIT TO MICHIGAN STATE O’Connor (6-3, 208) was a first-team All-Ohio pick in Division V as a punter. As a junior, he completed 141 of 231 passes (61.0 percent) for 2,516 yards with 40 total touchdowns. He has offers from Northwestern, Michigan State, West Virginia, Vanderbilt, Bowling Green and Toledo.
7. Marcus Foster, DB, Troy: COMMIT TO CINCINNATI Foster (6-1, 190) excels everywhere for the Trojans. Last season he was the team’s leading rusher (870 yards and 13 TDs), scorer (16 total TDs), kick returner (269 yards on 12 returns) and second leading receiver (14 catches, 336 yards and three TDs). He also tied for the team-high in interceptions with three. Foster has offers from Cincinnati, Toledo, Bowling Green, Kent State, Miami, Ohio, Buffalo and Duke.
8. Jay Mastin, DB, Centerville: Mastin (6-2, 200) was the Elks second leading tackler last season (62) and tied for the team lead in interceptions (two). He has offers from Miami, Ohio, Akron and Toledo.
9. James Sanford, DB, Xenia: Sanford (6-2, 180) is a promising big cornerback or safety prospect with 4.5-second speed in the 40. He has offers from Michigan State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Ohio, Bowling Green, Ball State and Toledo.
10. Jordan Feeser, TE, Piqua: Feeser (6-5, 240) is one of the area’s top relative unknowns. Last year he caught six passes for 123 yards and a TD and recorded 18 tackles and a fumble recovery. Those stats aren’t overwhelming, but his potential is.
QB Michael Simpson, 6'2" 190 Chaminade Juliene HS, Dayton (Offers: Northern Illinois)
OL Lawrence Mosley, 6'4" 285 Trotwood-Madison HS, Dayton (Offers: EKU)
OL Zach Myers, 6'4" 270 Miamisburg HS, Miamisburg COMMIT TO KENTUCKY
OL Miles Eaton, 6'4" 300 Butler HS, Vandalia
OL Ethan Hargrove, 6'4" 270 Troy HS, Troy
DT Henry Powell, 6'3" 300, Trotwood-Madison Dayton
Mollautt to Big A HG: "Dude, you need to bow down and kiss our rings. You are talking to giants."
TXMURedskin on Treadwell's coaching staff: "We're putting the band back together!"