Nude woman found in field near Miami campus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MiamiHawkTalk.com Forum Index -> Oxford Press
« View previous topic :: View next topic »
Professor Fate
a/k/a Cookie Monster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Nude woman found in field near Miami campus Reply with quote

The press for Miami just gets better and better. Is it alumni weekend down there, or a sorority having an "alumni get together" weekend?

Must be the gravitational pull of the sun or something to have all this be happening to Miami and around the area of it.
Dave67
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visitors...31 yr old woman and 30 yr old male...could be practicing for Alumni Weekend Rolling Eyes Or, maybe faculty advisors for the next 2 fraternal organizations to get into trouble Rolling Eyes Shocked Wink Wink

''Life's tough, pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
Spanks004
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has nothing to do with the university...obviously not good for oxford press, but Miami was not involved in any way
redlad
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The details I have heard on this in town are quite disturbing.
mattsledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Nude woman found in field near Miami campus Reply with quote

Cookie Monster wrote:
The press for Miami just gets better and better. Is it alumni weekend down there, or a sorority having an "alumni get together" weekend?

Must be the gravitational pull of the sun or something to have all this be happening to Miami and around the area of it.

Spanks is right. Miami isn't mentioned at all in the article, and Brown Road is nowhere near campus - it's on the other side of town. How is that *near* campus?

Just because it happened in Oxford, Miami isn't automagically involved.
MiamiSkins
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Spanks and Matt in that it doesn't appear to have anything to do with Miami since it involved two people in their 30's and who don't have an affiliation with the university or university sponsored event.
GoodOlBoy84
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Nude woman found in field near Miami campus Reply with quote

mattsledge wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:

Spanks is right. Miami isn't mentioned at all in the article, and Brown Road is nowhere near campus - it's on the other side of town. How is that *near* campus?

When my dad and I moved to oxford in 2000 when he got a job at Miami, we lived in an old farmhouse next to the Baker store. The poor girl must have been abducted or something. Brown Road is really far to walk from uptown.
HoosierHawk
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Nude woman found in field near Miami campus Reply with quote

GoodOlBoy84 wrote:
mattsledge wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:

When my dad and I moved to oxford in 2000 when he got a job at Miami, we lived in an old farmhouse next to the Baker store. The poor girl must have been abducted or something. Brown Road is really far to walk from uptown.

I lived on Brown Road for two years and its really not a bad walk. Considering the walks many students take at IU and Purdue (that I've made with them), there isn't a single bad walk in all of Oxford. Plus, the walks home were always easier for some reason.
GoodOlBoy84
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Nude woman found in field near Miami campus Reply with quote

HoosierHawk wrote:
GoodOlBoy84 wrote:
mattsledge wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:

I lived on Brown Road for two years and its really not a bad walk. Considering the walks many students take at IU and Purdue (that I've made with them), there isn't a single bad walk in all of Oxford. Plus, the walks home were always easier for some reason.

I don't know, people fly down that first straight-way before the gun club. Anything past those townhouses/apartments would seem too far, but the house we lived in was easily a mile and a half past the intersection.
redlad
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Nude woman found in field near Miami campus Reply with quote

GoodOlBoy84 wrote:
HoosierHawk wrote:
GoodOlBoy84 wrote:
mattsledge wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:

I don't know, people fly down that first straight-way before the gun club. Anything past those townhouses/apartments would seem too far, but the house we lived in was easily a mile and a half past the intersection.

This occured just down from post office past the northridge subdivision- maybe a quarter to a half mile past Sycamore intersection
MUfan
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sounds horrible. I hope the woman is okay. Sounds very sad. At this point, I could care less about whether it has anything to do with Miami or not.

"And then hit the hot springs the next day all the while searching for pain meds." - skin66
HawksVox
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Nude woman found in field near Miami campus Reply with quote

redlad wrote:
GoodOlBoy84 wrote:
HoosierHawk wrote:
GoodOlBoy84 wrote:
mattsledge wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:

This occured just down from post office past the northridge subdivision- maybe a quarter to a half mile past Sycamore intersection

I have heard this story on all three Cincinnati television news reports and they all mention Oxford first, Miami second. Seems like in the eyes of the reporters Oxford's city limits are defined by the university. I know there is a strong temptation to believe that any bad behavior exhibited in Oxford must be directly related to Miami and its students, especially if the victim was drinking.

It does seem odd that a woman from Connorsville, IN (not too far from Oxford) would come to town to go to a bar, then decide afterward to walk... Walk to where? Was she staying in a hotel? Did she think she was walking west toward Col-Cor Pike and mistakenly head north out on Brown Road?
quantum
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

Location: 2011 REALTOR of The Year - Cincinnati Area Board of REALTORS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some info floating around is that her story may be full of holes, she could be very traumatized or its all hookum.
OldSchoolScholar
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very questionable credibility. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MiamiHawkTalk.com Forum Index -> Oxford Press All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: