Greek Life making headlines

« View previous topic :: View next topic »
I am 4Hawks
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject: Greek Life making headlines Reply with quote

I don't know if the Plain Dealer has a ax to grind with Miami or what, but I can't recall the last time the paper had a positive headline. Dear Greeks. I don't know what it is. Is it that you can't see how to have fun without doing things that have no place in 2015? Is it that you just think it's just what you are supposed to do? Do you not get that everyone is watching and there is near zero tolerance for such things, and when they happen it makes headlines that turn opinion against your very existence?

I recognize the good greeks do on campuses and across the nation, but all of that is destroyed by this kind of stupidity It's most likely a perception is reality scenario, but you have to know the environment you are now operating in and adjust.
http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/2015/09/10/mu-fraternities-suspended--hazing/72008800/
Lifetime member Miami Alumni Association
Goal-rilla
Casual basketball fan

That happened so fast I had to add another gorilla
JWags
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't Greek, so I don't have an inherent need to defend the Greek system, but on the majority of that "hazing", gimme a break. The forced drinking is always a point of concern cause of deaths that have happened, I get it. But not being able to shower, working out in the early morning, GASP, cleaning member's rooms? What did they think pledging was? An endless stream of mini gifts and confetti like a movie stereotype sorority? If this was hazing, my business organization should have been kicked off campus 5 times over.
MU CLEVELAND 01
The Doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joining Kappa Sigma is one of the best things I've done in my life. Wouldn't trade that experience for anything.
kamuohio
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a KA. Surprising by the handle I know. It was an amazing experience and I can say we had a no hazing policy and really meant it. I enjoyed my time and am still close friends with many of my brothers to this day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MiamiHawkTalk.com Forum Index -> Miami Memos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: