2012-13 Offseason Coaching Firings and Hirings Carousel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MiamiHawkTalk.com Forum Index -> Rogue Boosters
« View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
JohnnyMac
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Posts: 10170
Location: Born and raised in South Detroit (which is Toledo, BTW)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennanbelau wrote:
Danny Hope officially out at Purdue.


Good place for Haywood?
_________________
And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JohnnyMac
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Posts: 10170
Location: Born and raised in South Detroit (which is Toledo, BTW)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a rumor Pinkel is resigning at Mizzou.
_________________
And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
elpalito
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 05 Aug 2004
Posts: 13037
Location: Jersey City

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyMac wrote:
There is a rumor Pinkel is resigning at Mizzou.
I didn't know he was still there.
_________________
Back the Sack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kennanbelau
Senior Barfly
Senior Barfly


Joined: 06 Apr 2012
Posts: 206
Location: Oxford, OH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyMac wrote:
kennanbelau wrote:
Danny Hope officially out at Purdue.


Good place for Haywood?


Possible, but he'd have to be the clear cut best candidate based on something the AD said at the press conference.

"Ties to Purdue are tiebreakers"

As far as I can tell, Haywood doesn't have any said ties.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mz343
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 25 Feb 2003
Posts: 14874
Location: About 3 miles from the Big House

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpalito wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
There is a rumor Pinkel is resigning at Mizzou.
I didn't know he was still there.


I wonder if he wants out of the SEC and would rather coach in the Big Ten.
_________________
"We will shoot for perfection, and we can settle for excellence."

-- Terry Hoeppner, as quoted by Ball State beatwriter Doug Zaleski
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kennanbelau
Senior Barfly
Senior Barfly


Joined: 06 Apr 2012
Posts: 206
Location: Oxford, OH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Embree is out at Colorado after only 2 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mrgredhawk
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 04 May 2011
Posts: 1234
Location: New York, NY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaziani out of Boston (of Massachusetts) College, maybe Bates wants to bring DT over

http://espn.go.com/boston/ncf/story/_/id/8675043/frank-spaziani-boston-college-eagles-coach-4-seasons
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elpalito
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 05 Aug 2004
Posts: 13037
Location: Jersey City

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennanbelau wrote:
Jon Embree is out at Colorado after only 2 years.
Man, that program went to total doodie in a short time.
_________________
Back the Sack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyMac
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Posts: 10170
Location: Born and raised in South Detroit (which is Toledo, BTW)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mz343 wrote:
elpalito wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
There is a rumor Pinkel is resigning at Mizzou.
I didn't know he was still there.


I wonder if he wants out of the SEC and would rather coach in the Big Ten.


Mizzou is going to be a dead end job in the SEC.

And, there is a rumor he has a pregnant girlfriend.
_________________
And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Professor Fate
a/k/a Cookie Monster


Joined: 01 Aug 2006
Posts: 6795
Location: Kingdom of Potsdorf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyMac wrote:
mz343 wrote:
elpalito wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
There is a rumor Pinkel is resigning at Mizzou.
I didn't know he was still there.


I wonder if he wants out of the SEC and would rather coach in the Big Ten.


Mizzou is going to be a dead end job in the SEC.

And, there is a rumor he has a pregnant girlfriend.


Oh PLEASE tell me there's an article linking to this rumor.
_________________
"And that 1776 feet of 'F@CK YOU PAL', I think that helps." - David Feherty

"It didn't look like we really picked very well at recess." - Chuck Martin 10/25/2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redbear18
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 953
Location: Southern Ohio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgredhawk wrote:
Spaziani out of Boston (of Massachusetts) College, maybe Bates wants to bring DT over

http://espn.go.com/boston/ncf/story/_/id/8675043/frank-spaziani-boston-college-eagles-coach-4-seasons

Wonder if he'll even consider Mike Haywood? He's proven he can get the job done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
muhawk
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 29 Sep 2003
Posts: 24381
Location: Location, Location, Location

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbear18 wrote:
mrgredhawk wrote:
Spaziani out of Boston (of Massachusetts) College, maybe Bates wants to bring DT over

http://espn.go.com/boston/ncf/story/_/id/8675043/frank-spaziani-boston-college-eagles-coach-4-seasons

Wonder if he'll even consider Mike Haywood? He's proven he can get the job done.


Given the big negative on Haywood's bio, I'm guessing it might be a tough sell for the Jesuits to buy in on him.
_________________
"We will shoot for perfection... but nobody's perfect. But we'll shoot for perfection and we'll settle for excellence."
--TH, following Miami's 59-3 victory over Buffalo, 10/11/03


Last edited by muhawk on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighStreetBlues
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 1928
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muhawk wrote:
redbear18 wrote:
mrgredhawk wrote:
Spaziani out of Boston (of Massachusetts) College, maybe Bates wants to bring DT over

http://espn.go.com/boston/ncf/story/_/id/8675043/frank-spaziani-boston-college-eagles-coach-4-seasons

Wonder if he'll even consider Mike Haywood? He's proven he can get the job done.


Given the big negative on Haywood's bio, I'm guessing he might be a tough sell for the Jesuits to buy in on him.


Very true. If Mike Haywood ever coaches again, it will be as an Offensive Coordinator first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyMac
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Posts: 10170
Location: Born and raised in South Detroit (which is Toledo, BTW)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie Monster wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
mz343 wrote:
elpalito wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
There is a rumor Pinkel is resigning at Mizzou.
I didn't know he was still there.


I wonder if he wants out of the SEC and would rather coach in the Big Ten.


Mizzou is going to be a dead end job in the SEC.

And, there is a rumor he has a pregnant girlfriend.


Oh PLEASE tell me there's an article linking to this rumor.


I guess news just hit the papers 5 days ago the Pinkel got divorced from his wife of 39 years last month.

Allegedly, his new (pregnant) girlfriend is a weather girl from KC, Michelle Bogowith.
_________________
And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
achap39
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 710
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A media buddy of mine claims that Arkansas players were told in the locker room following the LSU game that Boise State HC Chris Petersen will be the next coach in Fayetteville.
_________________
There are no bad ideas...only great ideas that go horribly wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
YagerHawk
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Posts: 1361
Location: In the red house over yonder.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tedford would be a good fit at Tennessee. They can recruit D and he is a great college QB coach, but thats just my opinion.

BTW, is Tress available to be hired into a NCAA head coaching position after this season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
laxmom
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 01 Feb 2006
Posts: 4371

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyMac wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
mz343 wrote:
elpalito wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
There is a rumor Pinkel is resigning at Mizzou.
I didn't know he was still there.


I wonder if he wants out of the SEC and would rather coach in the Big Ten.


Mizzou is going to be a dead end job in the SEC.

And, there is a rumor he has a pregnant girlfriend.


Oh PLEASE tell me there's an article linking to this rumor.


I guess news just hit the papers 5 days ago the Pinkel got divorced from his wife of 39 years last month.

Allegedly, his new (pregnant) girlfriend is a weather girl from KC, Michelle Bogowith.


a tough year after a DWI arrest and then this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bluesman
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 13 Jul 2002
Posts: 26580
Location: St. Louis, MO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laxmom wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
mz343 wrote:
elpalito wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
There is a rumor Pinkel is resigning at Mizzou.
I didn't know he was still there.


I wonder if he wants out of the SEC and would rather coach in the Big Ten.


Mizzou is going to be a dead end job in the SEC.

And, there is a rumor he has a pregnant girlfriend.


Oh PLEASE tell me there's an article linking to this rumor.


I guess news just hit the papers 5 days ago the Pinkel got divorced from his wife of 39 years last month.

Allegedly, his new (pregnant) girlfriend is a weather girl from KC, Michelle Bogowith.


a tough year after a DWI arrest and then this


http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=10716740
_________________
"The Blues had a baby and they named it Rock and Roll!!"
Support Blues in the Schools and The Blues Foundation!
http://www.blues.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
elpalito
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 05 Aug 2004
Posts: 13037
Location: Jersey City

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YagerHawk wrote:
I think Tedford would be a good fit at Tennessee. They can recruit D and he is a great college QB coach, but thats just my opinion.

BTW, is Tress available to be hired into a NCAA head coaching position after this season?


I think the show-cause was for longer than 1 year. Even so, he's older and if he takes another job, he'd be giving up some of his OSU sainthood -- especially if Urban Meyer rolls along like it seems he will.
_________________
Back the Sack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elpalito
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 05 Aug 2004
Posts: 13037
Location: Jersey City

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

achap39 wrote:
A media buddy of mine claims that Arkansas players were told in the locker room following the LSU game that Boise State HC Chris Petersen will be the next coach in Fayetteville.


Arkansas wishes.
_________________
Back the Sack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YagerHawk
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Posts: 1361
Location: In the red house over yonder.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to todays Dan Patrick show John Grudens agent has contacted Tennessee about the head coaching job. I have no idea if it means anything, but it does sound interesting, to me anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miami, (Oh)-Yeah !
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 10 Feb 2012
Posts: 796
Location: California Beach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hire Pinkel
_________________
"Athletics is a front porch for a university, and I want to see more championship trophies on Miamiís front porch." - David Sayler

THOSE WHO STAY WILL BE CHAMPIONS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickSkin
Recruiting Guru Extraordinaire


Joined: 31 Dec 2001
Posts: 14084
Location: Dayton, Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATED:

OFFICIAL MHT.COM LIST:

ACC:
B oston College - Frank Spaziani (OUT)
NC State - Tom O'Brien (OUT)

BIG 10
Purdue - Danny Hope (OUT)

CUSA:
UTEP - Mike Price (OUT)

MAC:
Western Michigan - Bill Cubit (OUT)

PAC-12:
California - Jeff Tedford (OUT)
Colorado - Jon Embree (OUT)

SEC:
Arkansas - John L. Smith (OUT)
Auburn - Gene Chizik (OUT)
Kentucky - Joker Phillips (OUT)
Tennessee - Derek Dooley (OUT)

WAC:
Idaho - Robb Akey (OUT)
_________________
Mollautt to Big A HG: "Dude, you need to bow down and kiss our rings. You are talking to giants."

TXMURedskin on Treadwell's coaching staff: "We're putting the band back together!"

E tan e epi tas!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kennanbelau
Senior Barfly
Senior Barfly


Joined: 06 Apr 2012
Posts: 206
Location: Oxford, OH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpalito wrote:
YagerHawk wrote:
I think Tedford would be a good fit at Tennessee. They can recruit D and he is a great college QB coach, but thats just my opinion.

BTW, is Tress available to be hired into a NCAA head coaching position after this season?


I think the show-cause was for longer than 1 year. Even so, he's older and if he takes another job, he'd be giving up some of his OSU sainthood -- especially if Urban Meyer rolls along like it seems he will.


Tress' show cause was 5 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
I am 4Hawks
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum


Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Posts: 11800
Location: Cleveland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joker Phillips and Mike Haywood at Miami would be an interesting duo. Joker is a friend of Haywood. ....you know, in a world where anything could happen.
_________________
Season ticket holder football and hockey since 1995
Red and White Club member since 1993
Blue Line Club Member since 1993
Lifetime member Miami Alumni Association
Goal-rilla
Casual basketball fan

That happened so fast I had to add another gorilla
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MiamiHawkTalk.com Forum Index -> Rogue Boosters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group