Sweep this weekend

« View previous topic :: View next topic »
DICK
Wealthy Alum
Wealthy Alum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Sweep this weekend Reply with quote

I attended both VB games this weekend. We beat 8-8 Buffalo in a very close match on Friday 3-1 (we won the last two sets by tow points) and and Akron team with only 3 wins in straight sets on Saturday. Bluesman will be happy to know that we have an excellent freshman starter from St. Louis (Cor Jesu Academy) in Meg Riley. I thought Junior Lisa Treadway was our best athlete and best allround player and a team leader. We also have a solid group of returning players who gained experience in a rare losing season last year.

I think Coach Condit eased back on the nonleague schedule a bit this year. We only played 3 BCS schools and lost 3-0 to all of them, plus 3-0 to OU who has been BCS level in recent seasons. Other than those 4 losses, the team is 12-2 against the rest of the competition. Looks like the girls have their confidence now and were having a lot of fun this weekend. Of all the "minor sports" at Miami, I find that volleyball is the most entertaining and the best atmosphere. Going to the games is fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MiamiHawkTalk.com Forum Index -> Volleyball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: